Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Shining Moment



American Patriot, Scholar, Flavor aficionado, All-World Badass.

These are some of the many words used to describe the innagural GRH bracket champion.

Joey.

Some of you may not know Joey, many of us however know him quite well.

Not only is he a member of the 500+ rebound club, which places him in the top 25 all time of the SCAC, but he also singlehandedly rebuilt the Mississippi coast following Hurricane Katrina.

Oh and I must mention that he played Jonathan Bender for the title of "Best Basketball Player in Picayune."

Naturally he won.

You see as soon as I saw the words "Alabama State all the way" followed by Joey. I knew this whole thing was over. Icehouse knew the same thing which is probably why he picked Texas to win it all just so he could feel good about his bracket. Hell Stovall saw this as such a foregone conclusion that he didn't even take 20 seconds to fill out a bracket.

Hobbers, I made you think you could win, you thought you had a chance, you thought I'd be writing about you right now. You didn't know what we knew. I misled you. And for that I am truly sorry.

But all is not lost. We had some great bracket names such as "I win so much HAHAHAHAHAHA" (And trust me he does) a personal favorite was "Breakfast Tacos and Glory." Let us also remember "The Ghost of Kenny Powers" because we all know Kenny cares about real sports, and does not want to be the best at exercising. Finally we should also look at "Don't Tase me Hansbrough" who inexplicably predicted the world would end some time around the final four, and the finals would never occur. A bold move to say the least.

But all of that doesn't matter, we are all losers.

Everyone bow down to Joey, because this is his 500+ shining moment.


/Cut down internets

2 comments: