Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Morning S--t Storm.

Awesome weekend, yet again.

As a result of this awesomeness, GRH is going old school on the shit storm.

That's right, OPEN THREAD.


Remember that first shit storm about the Olympics? Yeah, I was as smooth as a a 17 year old on prom night.

So here's the thing, I'll give you some writing prompts and you can roll with it in the comments.

Best Draft?

Worst Draft?

Best Pick?

Wost Pick?

Michael Oher walking across that stage considering where he was 5-10 years ago.

Albert Pujols, Superman or Thor?

Celtics, Bulls, great series?

What will Icehouse do IF the San Antonio Spurs lose to the hated Dallas Mavericks?

Hate Yankees/Red Sox or Hate ESPN?

(AWWAH RIVARLY IS FAHHH BETTAH THAN YOUWAH RIVALRY)
Sorry, but I have to disagree.

Do you want to:
1. Punch
2. Kick
3. Verbally beat down

Every older person who opens their mouth about Jeremy Tyler.

Did you watch the entire draft? (you bet your ass I did)

Alright Hobbers, you have an open forum, just make sure you don't go all Fox news on us.

Shit Storm begin.

10 comments:

  1. I didn't watch a second of the draft. Pretty much because I've seen all the highlights since the end of the season, and don't need two full days of the same old shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did the Cowboys pick Stephen McGee? Honestly, I can't figure it out. Someone please explain it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rockets make it to the finals without TMac. Calling it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the draft from Busch Stadium as the Cardinals plowed the Cubs, highlighted, of course, by the foreshadowed grand slam by one Albert Pujols.

    The flashed the updated draft board on the jumbotron. I saw the Jets traded up to get Sanchez. And the rest went as was to be expected: With dazzling anonymity, unless Homerism applies (GO JONATHAN LUIGS! GO ARKANSAS! GO CINCINNATI! [?]).

    Being the paltry draft that it was, I would highly recommend this way of watching the draft. I felt athletically fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would rather verbally beat down.

    It'd be a great feat to convince someone they should kick their own ass. And you'd have a much better view for the ass-kicking than having to do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...I was a handball All-American grades 6-12"

    I bet you were

    ReplyDelete
  7. So for the Draft:

    Philly did well

    Houston did well

    Rams made me NOT punch a hole through the wall

    Cowboys suddenly developed logic

    It's interesting watching the Patriots draft

    Sanchez>Stafford

    I caught a lot of fish (still seeking the precious)

    The Easton/P-burg game was one of the coolest things I've ever seen

    Cards took 2/3 from the adolescent bears

    All in all? A good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lions proved once again that there is no such thing as a well-run business in Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in awe of anyone willing to watch the entire NFL draft. First few picks maybe, but seriously. I mean how much difference does it make to look on the internet at night. Worried you might miss the highlights? Sorry not interested in watching clips of Jerry Jones and his cronies from a camera mounted in his greenroom and no audio I have better things to do. Watching the nfl draft is like watching Nascar. Both are excuses to drink longer than you would have been able to, as watching the only meaningful action takes about 5 mins. I am willing to support any excuse to watch tv and drink heavily, including but not limited to World's Strongest Man, Timbersports, fuck even Cops (this could be considered a sport there are both chases on foot and in vehicles, think of a nascar, biathalon, steeplechase hybrid), but seriously the draft is not for television it is for the newspaper.

    Kudos to Nascar though, that Carl Edwards crash was incredible they need to change things up so that happens more often. More excitement for me and more pain for the fans who actually paid to go and watch. Maybe they need a giant fan to be controlled by the will of the fans to randomly blow cars off of the track. Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.

    Nascar biathalon.

    /Brain explodes.

    ReplyDelete