Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Morning Sh-t Storm

I hate the Oscars.

Why?

Every time I care about a movie/actor, I get all excited and actually watch the show. Only to see said movie/actor lose in the end.


Before we move on A quick note to the Academy: WHAT THE HELL? YOU TOOK MICKEY'S AWARD. THIS WAS GOING TO COMPLETE THE COMEBACK. HE IS THE WRESTLER. QUITE LITERALLY. AND IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE MOVIE YOU'LL REALIZE...IT'S ALL HIM. HE OWNS YOU FOR ONE HOUR AND 45 MINUTES. WITHOUT ROURKE THAT MOVIE FAILS.

Don't get me wrong, Milk was a really good movie...but Penn?

I think what really pissed me off was staying up anticipating Rourke's speech. What did I get. Sean Penn going political on us, again what a surprise. (note-GRH is all about prop 8, we had a prop 8 week) OOOOOO Penn and the Academy are SOOOO edgy. F-ing edgy as a basketball....

Which brings me to the shit storm. Thanks for sitting through that. We're not going to talk about movies at all, I'm still pissed, but we'll make a compromise.

SNL has a great history of sports bits. I don't think this needs an explanation, so I'll just give you my favorite.



Gets me every time.

So for the storm give us your best SNL sports related skit.

I say sports related because:
1. It could be sports related in any way.
2. I'll also take Superstar hosts who did normal clips.

Let's do it for Mickey.

13 comments:

  1. I liked "Football in the groin" because it had a football in the groin.

    How about the skit when all the baseball players come in to tell the kid to keep working hard. Will Ferrell comes in to say that he played a little minor league ball in the 80s.

    The skit ends with the cops showing up because "Griffey's naked in the yard again!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Church Lady skit with Walter Payton.

    Payton: "It's a great feeling walking down the street, knowing you can kill everyone around you with your bare hands."
    Church Lady: "Well isn't that special."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also going to go with Will Ferrell as Harry Caray

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.) Peyton Manning's United Way commercial found here.

    2.) Tawmmy Brady's Sexual Harassment Advertisment found here.

    3.) Scottish Soccer Hooligans found here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one where The Rock is an anti-smoking helper. Where every time you try to smoke, he throttles you brutally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about Jordan with Stuart Smalley?

    "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me."

    ReplyDelete
  7. LeBron as the 'new kid' in the newest season of High School Musical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "O.J. Simpson" (Tim Meadows) spelling out 'I did it' while drawing out a football play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hard to top DMM's post.

    But in the interest of competition, the dance sequence of Peyton Manning and the coach in the locker room at halftime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DMM nailed it here, but I'd also like to throw in an obvious pick I have in the back of my pocket.

    Super fans, specifically when Jordan was on.

    OHHHHHHHHHH da bulls da bulls da bulls da bulls da bulls
    ahhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHHHH

    you ok todd.

    yeah just havin anoder hard addack

    gee how many is that for you todd?

    Dat makes a bagers dozen for me bob.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to second the Icehouse on his selection of Peyton Manning dancing. It has since inspired me to make that graceful and elegant number my "go-to" move.

    I am also a big fan of the Ray Romano skit, where he and Stuart Scott(Tim Meadows)are doing a sportscenter skit, "Sweet Sassy Molassy..." Eat it ESPN.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Steve Martin as Billy "the Gun" Van Goff, found here: http://www.hulu.com/watch/55596/saturday-night-live-nfl-films

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOOOO another great one Anon. Ok, time to bring out the big guns.

    Chico Escuela

    "Baseball has been berry berry good to me."

    -Side note, go F yourself SNL for making it so GD hard to find videos.

    ReplyDelete