Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Final Day EPL Signings


How the shit does Chelsea lose a bidding war to fucking Manchester CITY? I swear to god I thought the entire article was a typo. I guess if rich arabs buy your team, anything is possible. You see a group that I believe is called the "Prince Ali, fabulous he, Ali Ababua United Group" now owns man city and if what I have read is correct, even our old favorite Roman Abramovich might be out of his league with these guys. This could well be the beginning of a different era of English football.

I mean, your average person on the street didn't even know there is more than one team in that northern, industrial pile of soot they call a city. And we very possibly could be talking about the 'Big Five' soon.

In other news from that festering crap hole of a place, Manchester United signed Dimitar Berbatov about 40 minutes before the deadline. This is not entirely unexpected, but still dangerous, nonetheless. With Rooney missing a few weeks, Berbatov will be huge during these crucial opening weeks.

Overall, with over One Billion dollars spent in EPL transfers this season, i would say we are in for an exciting season.

2 comments:

  1. These articles leave me rigid in anticipation for futbol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. The guy in the picture is Robinho, who the entire first article is written about. I just noticed that his name is absent.

    2. Chelsea is only JJM's favorite club.

    3. No Xisco to Newcastle mention?

    ReplyDelete