Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eye gouges, Nut shots, and Other Illegal Activities

Well this year of college football has a very unsportsmanlike feel to it. First we start off with our favorite knockout artist LeGarret Blount. I think you all remember it so we won't have to show you the video. Ah screw it, it's worth watching again.


Hout you got knocked the fuck out.

There is talk about Blount making a return to the Oregon team, which is very convenient considering the fighting highlighters are vying for a Rose Bowl berth. Hmmmmm. No but honestly I think this is the right move. I said from the beginning that Blount should be suspended indefinitely and forced to prove that he deserves to be on the team. the punch, as dumb as it was, was probably a 1-3 game suspension, flipping out and going into the stands? Half the year at least. Combine this with previous issues during the Summer and Spring? I'm surprised you're back so soon. But no this is a team issue, as it should be, and hopefully Blount turns it around for the better.

What I don't like is people trying to justify all of these cheap shots. "Hout had it coming." Really, because he slapped you and essentially said how about that ass whooping (which Blount reffered to earlier in the week) Do you really think Hout is the first or last asshole to talk shit after a game? Of course not, and in the end Blount ended up hurting his team (yes I realize that was their only loss) and costing himself several million dollars. I won't go as far to say that this is the same type of attitude we hear about where someone was "disrespected" and they end up putting a bullet in someone's back for it. But it's certainly something to think about.

Fast forward to last week and we have several other questionable tactics.
First up Brandon Spikes.


Rowdy Roddy Piper would be proud.

But after reading the calm, rational explanation of Florida fans the eye gouging was a retalition to this.


Or according to the evangelical base, this.


The first video seemed to be a normal play. It's obvious Spikes got hit in the eye but I don't know if it was a full on eye raking. Second video yeah pretty unsportsmanlike. Now here is where I contradict myself, because I would be lying if I said there weren't marked men, paybacks, and attempts to get under someones skin. There are. What I can't stand is when fans who have no idea what is going on try to justify certain actions on the field. Hell I heard one guy who was saying it was not that big of a deal because Spikes only spit on his hand and rubbed it in the back's face. Well now I'm relieved. It's funny how fanhood gets in the way of logic. We celebrate pitchers plunking guys in retaliation and hockey enforces kicking ass to protect the star player, yet people think stuff like this is the end of the world.

Now to finish it off I was going to have a video of a Michigan lineman jacking a dude from Illinois right in the junk. The guy didn't even try to hide it. But alas the user has removed the video (jackass) so all I have left is the Big Ten(11) investigation into the matter.

Now if you REALLY wanted to see a junk shot there is always this:

No comments:

Post a Comment